The 2013 Junior College Kickoff Classic and Showcase will be held in Clearwater Florida on January 25 - 27, 2013. This is the 4th year of this very successful showcase for Junior College teams. The event is hosted and managed by Fastpitch Headquarters, LDI Sports Consulting, and Winners Point Sports Consulting. The managing personnel of our three organizations have almost 2 decades of experience in running reputable tournaments and recruiting events. Our goal is to make the JUCO Kickoff Classic a great start to your team's season.
This tournament will be held at Eddie C. Moore Park in Clearwater, Florida, only 20 minutes from Tampa International Airport or 10 minutes from the Clearwater/St Petersburg International Airport.
This Kickoff Tournament will attract JUCO teams from across Florida and from around the country. This event is designed specifically for JUCO teams. The format is totally customizable. Teams can select the number of games they want to play, and what days they want to play.
The entry fee is $90 per game, based on the number of games requested. We are determined to make this event the best JUCO Kickoff event in the country. Just let us know what you want to play.
All games at one park
JUCOs tell us how many games they want to play, and the entry fee is prorated
Tournament will be marketed as a recruiting event to 4 year college coaches
FPDatabase online player profiles
Old fashioned customer service with high tech innovation
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call Patti Shotwell at 954-540-7850 (cell) or Linda Derk at 561-632-0511 (cell). You can also email Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 25 - 27, 2013. Friday - Sunday. You can play one or more days.
Attending teams will be posted HERE as soon as they enter. We expect this event to fill early this year. Enter now and pay in the Fall.
JUCO teams select the number of games they want to play. Weather permitting, all games will be played. Teams can opt to play on one, two or all three days. However, due to increased demand from teams, we may need to restrict one day play to Friday or Sunday. We appreciate teams that can be flexible with their schedule request. We will do everything we can to accommodate your requests.
Game schedule will be posted HERE as soon as all teams are entered and paid. This should be no later than early December.
Entry fee is $90 per game. You will receive an invoice for total entry fee based on the number of games you want to play. Umpires are included. Teams will be asked to provide 2 game balls each game. Full payment is due upon receipt of fee notice, but no later than November 1st. You should mail it to the address below.
Mail your entry fee, payable to Fastpitch Headquarters, to: Fastpitch Headquarters, 11801 NW 7th Street, Plantation, FL 33325. Be sure to include team name, contact information, and tournament name.
For all out-of-area teams, you must contact our Housing person, Missy Peterson, at WP Sports Consulting, to make your hotel reservations. Her contact information is 727-214-4527 (cell) and email@example.com. They have great rates at local hotels near the park. A Housing Agreement with more information will be emailed to you after you enter. There is no charge for this service. It is required that you book through Missy or you can directly contact one of the designated hotels on the hotel list that will be sent to you.
List of Attending Teams (in alphabetical order) - 27 Teams Total
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (GA)
Aiken Technical College (SC)
Brevard Community College (FL)
Broward College (FL)
Chattanooga State Community College (TN)
College of Central Florida (FL)
Daytona State College (FL)
Florida State College at Jacksonville (FL)
Gulf Coast State College (FL)
Hillsborough Community College (FL)
Illinois Central College (IL)
Indian River State College (FL)
Lake Sumter State College (FL)
Miami Dade College (FL)
Northwest Florida State College (FL)
Palm Beach State College (FL)
Pasco-Hernando Community College (FL)
Pensacola State College (FL)
Polk State College (FL)
Santa Fe College (FL)
Seminole State College (FL)
South Florida Community College (FL)
South Georgia State College (GA)
St Johns River State College (FL)
St Petersburg College (FL)
State College of Florida-Manatee (FL)
Tallahassee Community College (FL)
List of Attending Schools Schools will be listed as they submit RSVPs. So far 66 coaches have RSVPed.
Akron, University of (OH)
Ave Maria University (FL)
Bethune Cookman University (FL)
Buffalo, University of (NY)
Charleston, University of (WV)
Cumberland University (TN)
Eastern Nazarene College (MA)
Eckerd College (FL)
Emmanuel College (GA)
Emphoria State University (KS)
Flagler College (FL)
Florida Institute of Technology
Florida International University
Florida Southern College
Francis Marion University (SC)
Harding University (AR)
La Salle University (PA)
Lesley University (MA)
Lincoln Memorial University (TN)
Lindsey Wilson College (KY)
Lynn University (FL)
McDaniel College (MD)
Miami University of Ohio
Monmouth University (NJ)
Norfolk State University (VA)
North Florida, University of
Northwestern Ohio, University of
Northwood University (FL)
Oklahoma, University of
Savannah State University (GA)
Seton Hall University (NJ)
Shorter University (GA)
South Carolina Aiken, University of
St Andrews University (NC)
St Augustine's College (NC)
St Leo University (FL)
Webber International University (FL)
West Georgia, University of
Western Kentucky University
1. All teams must check-in at the Tournament Desk prior to their first game.
2. Teams provide two game balls per game to the umpire at the beginning of the game, and will receive those balls back at the end of the game.
3. You must submit a lineup card at the beginning of the game to the plate umpire and to the other team.
4. The team listed first on the schedule will have the 1st base dugout. You will not have to change dugouts if you have back-to-back games.
5. Home team will be determined by coin toss at the beginning of the game.
6. Tournament provides water and cups in the dugouts. Teams are allowed one cooler. No spectator coolers allowed.
7. All teams must sign up for the FPAlerts text messaging service.
8. Cancellation Policy - Once you are accepted in the tournament, if you cancel and we are unable to fill your spot, you will have a 100% cancellation fee. If we are able to fill your spot, then you will have a $100 cancellation fee.
9. Forfeits - Forfeits are not allowed. Teams should be prepared to play all games requested. If you forfeit a game, you will be charged a fee not to exceed $200 in order to cover the game fee for the other team.
10. The tournament reserves the right to remove any individual or team from competition at any time due to conduct considered detrimental or harmful to the ideals or spirit of the tournament, its staff, volunteers, officials, fans, or other participants.
11. Hotel Requirement - All out of area teams are required to use our Housing person, Missy Peterson, at WP Sports Consulting, for their hotel reservations. If you are using alternative housing, you will be required to pay a housing fee. You will receive a Housing Agreement with more information.
12. Player Profiles - each team should designate one person on their staff to submit the player profile information for all players using the FPDatabase service. You will receive additional information regarding this requirement with the deadlines for compliance.
13. Please clean up your dugout when you leave so it is ready for the next team. Please do not leave any trash.
14. Park Rules: Park is a non-smoking facility. No pets. No alcoholic beverages.
15. Gate Fee: The gate fee for spectators is $8 per day (over 10 years of age) or $20 for a weekend pass. There is no gate fee for team personnel.
16. Team buses must park in designated areas and buses are not allowed to enter some areas of the parking lots. More information on this will be provided prior to event.
Take I-75 north. Merge onto I-275 N via EXIT 228 toward ST PETERSBURG (Portions toll). (29.4 miles) Take the SR-686/ROOSEVELT BLVD exit, EXIT 30, toward LARGO. (0.1 miles) Merge onto FL-686 W toward LARGO-CLEARWATER/ST PETE-CLWTR INT'L AIRPORT. (2.9 miles) Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto ROOSEVELT BLVD/FL-686 W. (1.3 miles) Merge onto CR-611 N. (4.1 miles) Turn LEFT onto DREW ST. Park is on the right. See Park Map for field location.
Via I-75 From the North:
Take I-75 south. Merge onto I-275 S via EXIT 274 toward AIRPORT/TAMPA/ST PETERSBURG (Portions toll). (21.0 miles) Merge onto MEMORIAL HWY/FL-60 W via EXIT 39 toward TAMPA AIRPORT/CLEARWATER. (1.8 miles) Take the SR-60 W exit on the LEFT toward CLEARWATER. (0.4 miles) Stay STRAIGHT to go onto W COURTNEY CAMPBELL CSWY/FL-60 W. Continue to follow FL-60 W. (9.7 miles) Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto S MCMULLEN BOOTH RD. (0.6 miles) Turn LEFT onto DREW ST. Park is on the right. See Park Map for field location.
Via I-4 From the East:
Take I-4 west toward TAMPA. Merge onto I-275 S via the exit on the LEFT toward TAMPA INTL ARPT/ST PETERSBURG (Portions toll). (5.2 miles) Merge onto MEMORIAL HWY/FL-60 W via EXIT 39 toward TAMPA AIRPORT/CLEARWATER. (1.8 miles) Take the SR-60 W exit on the LEFT toward CLEARWATER. (0.1 miles) Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. (0.3 miles) Stay STRAIGHT to go onto W COURTNEY CAMPBELL CSWY/FL-60 W. Continue to follow FL-60 W. (9.7 miles) Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto S MCMULLEN BOOTH RD. (0.6 miles) Turn LEFT onto DREW ST. Park is on the right. See Park Map for field location.
ALL team coaches MUST register their email addresses and their cell phone numbers in order to receive text/email communications during the tournament. We will not be able to make individual phone calls when we have last minute or late game changes due to weather or team cancellation. We will only be using this service. We highly encourage all teams to have their players and their parents register for this service as it will facilitate quick communications.
To sign up:
Go to http://fastpitch.ealert.com and click on "Subscribe". You will see "JUCO KIckoff Tournament" listed under "Tournaments". Select this group and then input your email address and your cell phone number as an email address. If you have more than 2 addresses, you will need to subscribe additional times. You can register as many email addresses and cell phone numbers as you want.
Cell phone numbers MUST be entered as an email address. There is a link to instructions on the page on how to convert your cell phone number to an email address. This is really easy to do. Make sure that you do not put the "dash" between numbers.
Once you register an address, you will receive a confirmation message that you MUST reply to in order to activate your address. If you do not receive the confirmation message within a few minutes, you did not enter your address properly so try again.
If you no longer want to receive FPAlert texts or emails, you can easily unsubscribe by going to http://fastpitch.ealert.com and click on "Unsubscribe". You then type in your email address or your cell number as an email address, and when it displays you can unsubscribe.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact Patti Shotwell at 954-540-7850.